Monday, January 23, 2006

My Evil Stash



I call it my evil stash. Since moving it resulted in over a year of disability.

Not knowing what my condition would be like after surgery, I decided I needed a way to sort fabric that was easy for someone with back problems. Hence the 6 sets of shelf units (Target) will wheels added to the bottom. Had I known what I know now, I would have just bought some of those heavy duty plant holders on wheels and stuck them on instead of screwing on all the individual wheels.

Want a closer look? http://www.anotherage.com/stash.jpg

5 comments:

k baxter packwood said...

You know it's just not nearly as bad as your making it out to be! get some high school students to put those shelves and boxes over along the walls and you will have yourself a decent walk way.

It does look like you will need some additional lighting, I'm all in favor of floor lamps, that you can move about, if wiring the ceiling is not an option.

Btw this is what the my husbands house looked like BEFORE we got married, all four floors to be exact. It took me about 2 years of non stop sorting and organizing to get it livable. So you CAN get it under control, plus it looks fairly organized already.

Alison Schwabe said...

I have a friend, whose work I greatly admire, who does work right in the middle of something similar; she can lay her hands on anything at any time ... perhaps you can, too? Personally, I would find such a heap of stuff too confusing optically, and would not be able to achieve anything. We all have such different ways of working, though, and there is no right or better way.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

you win...its evil all right..makes me sneeze just looking at it...lol

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Yup that is a bit of a problem. And I agree that the plant thingies on wheels are wonderful! I got one and put my ironing board-on-drawers on one [drawers from Target] and I move it around all the time. As for big wheels, I did make my husband put them on the tv unit because it's bigger and he needs to get to the miles of wores now and then.

Sue Rutford said...

My husband said "it looks like yours," my son said "it hurts my eyes." I'm having trouble getting Blogger to let me post pictures, or I'd reciprocate with mine.